Saturday, April 4, 2009

Planet RAW! Yuummmmyyy....

Yesterday found Curt and I taking a beautiful drive through the mountains near Malibu - saw a few shacks the size of castle's along the way - and the pictures we took just do not do it justice. Especially since I passed on trying to dig the camera out of the bag in the back seat as we wound our way up switch-backs with drop offs straight down on my side with no guard rails. I just kept saying "Oh, it's so pretty!" followed instantaneously by... "Keep your eyes on the road!"

Here's a pic as we snake our way down the slopes and get a shot of the ocean (our brakes smelled AWFUL... and then Curt decides to tell me he remembers the time his brakes got so hot in his truck in college that they stopped working. Perfect.)

Once we got down to the 101, it was smooth (and for the most part, brake-free) sailing on our drive along the coast south towards Santa Monica. Saw a few more "shanties," and stopped at one of the state beaches for a couple candid shots (love those yellow flowers!):

We continued our drive....
After a little shopping at REI (our favorite!) we had dinner at Planet RAW.... I was SooooOOO excited. It did not disappoint! We sipped the best smoothies either Curt or I have ever had (by his own admission)... a mocha "milk"shake for Curt, and a coconut one for me.... Though I failed to snap a pic of these, shoot! For the main entree we dinned on the AVO Honey Mustard Sandwich on flax "bread" (me) and Curt on the Fat Cheese Sandwich on "wonderbread." Unbelievable! I kid you not, the honey mustard on mine was the best I have ever tasted. And nothing on the menu is made with anything other than fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, spices, and honey... all RAW, and all super delicious!

I'm happy with my own tasty raw concoctions too..... Like the cherry, strawberry, almond, vanilla smoothie I made yesterday morning... mmmm. :0)

'till next time.... later alligators!

No comments: