Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Great Outdoors!

As you all know, living in the desert does not really allow for much outdoor adventure (at least our favorite kinds: hiking, camping, and fishing), especially in the summer when it's 110 degrees out... so you can imagine our excitement when we discovered Mammoth! Just a few short hours away in the eastern Sierra Nevada's, we have found a haven for camping, hiking, fishing, skiing (now, if we just hadn't garage-saled all our ski stuff.... ), eating yummy food, bike riding, walking, exploring, basically, you name it... Soooo, I thought I would share some of our pictures of one of our most favorite places in Cali!

Here we are with some of our good friends at Minaret Lake, 7.5 miles one-way (we had yet to go down at this point and are all still looking quite cheery. I honestly thought my feet were going to fall off on our return trip -- or my legs. It was brutal. BUT, absolutely gorgeous).

Here we are over 4th of July with our good friends Brian and Andrea getting ready for fireworks over one of the lakes .... Here are some more of us hiking (don't we look like a pair with his hat and my bandanna around my neck, haha):


Curt finally gets to go fishing... he is PUMPED!

There's always swimming as well, but this is quite chilly:

Last but not least, enjoying the warmth of the campfire on a cool mountain air night...

AHHhhhhh, Mammoth. :)




1 comment:

novakaz said...

I am completely jealous to see these pics of you two in the great outdoors AND the fact that you are in Southern California - so close! SO...I am proposing that you two come and spend a weekend with us in northern AZ and hike the grand canyon! I've done it once already, I was miserable for two days afterwards and said I'd never do it again, but once the pain wears off it's TOTALLY worth it and I can't wait to do it again. We're planning an April trip (post spring breakers) . Sat morning down - spend the night and hike up on Sunday. Or just come and spend the weekend with us in Northern AZ and we'll do something much easier in Sedona. Miss you two and love to see your smiling faces! Bethy