Monday, March 30, 2009

Half way there.... :o)

Well, I am a little over half-way done with my 8 day intensive cleanse! (Thank goodness!) I did the Lemonade Diet (aka: Master Cleanse) for 3 days to prepare me for the Blessed Herbs cleanse, which I am on day 2 of. It's pretty intense, although I must say, so far, is going MUCH better than last time -- where I was miserable, and practically sprinted to the grocery store on the eve of the 5th night to get a can of organic veggie soup.... lol. I was reading my cleansing notes from last time too, and it looks like I broke the all liquids diet a couple times, once to indulge in a sprouted cinnamon-raisin bagel w/honey. MMmmmm... honnneeeeyyy.

The hardest part of this, other than the occasional stomach cramping due to the digestive stimulator's (if you know what I mean...) :) and frequent trips to the restroom due to drinking 90 ounces of water and juice a day (insane!), is just plain missing food. I torture myself at night inhaling whiffs of the dinner's Curt whips up (a cheesy, broccoli, pepper something last night...); and crazy enough, just about EVERYTHING sounds good. Two days ago, I would have committed murder for a fish-fillet sandwich from McDonald's, which is more than weird considering a) I haven't eaten at McD's in about 4 years, and b) I have never even so much as looked at a fish-fillet, little-lone eaten one! Ha. Soooooo yeeaahhh. Just like last time, cleansing is nuts!

I've decided to prepare myself this time with planning how I will come off the cleanse on Friday, and with the meals I'll make for the few days after as well (no grains or meats at least for a couple days). Then, onto the anti-inflammatory diet -- which, to be honest, I might slightly modify... (I just don't know if I can live without tomatoes for 6+ weeks!!) Until next time, pray I make it through this!

Also, I'll be adding a few pics of the Blessed Herbs cleanse either later tonight or tomorrow :o)

No comments: