Friday, March 13, 2009

March upDate!

Hi all! Nothing too exciting to report as of late... just continuing on with student teaching and Curt is as busy as ever with teaching and coaching these days... Things are going well for both of us, but it will be nice when next week is over and we are on spring break! yipeeee! A week for Curt, and dare I say, two weeks for me, which is fabulous. One exciting piece of news was that I had a job interview two weeks ago that went really well, but because none of the school districts in the area are hiring next year due to budget cuts, I won't hear anything about a potential job until this summer, when enrollment numbers come in, etc. Such is life, but I am optimistic, despite the state of our economy! (just don't watch the news.... it's dreary enough to depress anyone, and it's made me see why I need to start reading more again!) :)
On the health front, that scary cleanse I talked all about when I was doing my raw experiment will be making its way out of the box and into my tummy during the second week of my spring break (starting two weeks from today). If you want to be tremendously entertained by someone else's experience, or rather, experiment, please tune in! It's sure to be quite the undertaking, if it's anything like the last time. Oh! And just three weeks ago, Curt and I signed up to begin receiving these amazing boxes of organic produce from local farmers off a semi-truck that comes through our area. The produce has been AMAZING... truly yummy. It's so satisfying to eat something that tastes so darn good, and is good for our earth, AND supports local farmers. It's "win-win-win" if I were to quote Michael Scott ("The Office" people! If you don't watch, you must start now!)
All for now... and on to writing grad papers and lesson plans! The fun never ends :) hehe.
Cheers!

No comments: