Friday, March 23, 2012

Palm Springs

         Curt and I just got back from a mini vacation yesterday. We headed over to the Palm Springs area on Tuesday - we actually stayed in Indio at the Worldmark condos there (thanks mom & dad Stephan!)- and enjoyed some 85 degree weather and pool time. (Did I mention we became teachers for a reason?) The cities in this area are gorgeous! Move to Indian Wells or Rancho Mirage? Yes please! Of course if I think it's hot here in the summer....
                                          Here are some pics of the condo:


                                          Sunset on our walk one night:
     Dinner (thanks to Curt) - salmon rice bowls with cucumber and avocado
                                       And about Ella walking on a leash......
She actually did great! (the picture may have been a bit misleading I admit)... She walked twice a day and did great every time. We have no idea what happened to our "I'm going to sit down with this thing strapped to me and I'm not moving. Ever." dog. 
                               Modeling (a bit hap-hazardly) by a pretty pink bush:
         Chilling in the condo. I think this picture screams "It wasn't me!" - like if the camera panned back there'd be a pile of ripped up garbage all over the floor. Thankfully, she didn't get into any garbage... or chew off a couch leg...
All in all we had a wonderfully relaxing time. (As a side note, I may have also read the Hunger Games while pool side and actually sympathized with the people we saw camped outside of the movie theater on our way home yesterday waiting for the midnight showing. Should I have just admitted that?)

No comments: